This weekend Bryce and I went out to a national park about an hour away from our house. I was reminded that there are, despite my denials and clinging to my MN status, some good things about ND.
# 1 This guy, who takes me on adventures and is just incredible.
# 2 Beautiful scenery ( you may have to drive back into the central time zone to get there, but it does exsist!)
#3 I found TREES!!!! That alone made my day!
#4 Buffalo. When we were driving into the park I said that was one thing I really wanted to see again, and they were out in abundance. This guy was right on the trail we were on.
#5 Plenty of places for boys who like to climb things to go crazy
We started out on a nice easy nature trail, but soon ended up finding our own way. Way down at the bottom of all the trees is where our trail was, we just took the more adventurous way throughout the park,
On top of one of the buttes it was just like you were in another world. All you saw was the crunchy rock you were on, the sides just dropped off. We started wondering what would happen if we encountered another buffalo, not a fun thought when your 100 feet from the ground and there is just no where to go but down.
Mapping out our descent
I was pretty proud of myself for making it down from there
We started up by the large rock on the left
Just loving life and the adventures we get to go on together!
No comments:
Post a Comment