Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fresh Sweet Corn and Year Old Cake

This past weekend, Bryce and I got to go back to Fergus Falls to pack in so many activities into a few short days. The main reason to go home was to celebrate the wedding of my friend Karla. It was so fun to see her getting married, and her happiness and love for her new groom.

I also got to go out to the farm to participate in a yearly event, that I will admit I dreaded every year living at home: Corn Husking Day! Where my family sits around in a circle on the lawn and husks sweet corn for what seemed an eternity, so we can freeze it an enjoy it throughout the year. This year it was better, although I don't seem to mind those things as much now that I am out of the house, and the fact that it is going into my freezer makes it a little better. We did a smaller batch because it was just for me and Bryce, so that was nice to get it done in just a few hours.


I also got to meet my parents new dog, Knightly. He is such a sweetheart!



The best part of the weekend was getting away for a night to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We went up to Fargo and enjoyed some shopping (and I have to point out that Bryce bought more than me!) a wonderful supper with my favorite desert Coffee Lovers ice cream at Cold Stone, and a relaxing evening hanging out at the hotel.


When we got back to our house, we pulled out our cake topper that has been taking up space in our freezer this last year.
We were oh so happy to eat year old cake!

                          Ok, so maybe our expressions were more like this:

We weren't overly thrilled with the cake on our wedding day (however my chocolate fudge cheesecake was delicious!) and it didn't improve over time!

But we did it, we participated in that time honored tradition


and now we can look forward to many more years together. Thank you darling for such a wonderful first year of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment