Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lately....

I know I've been MIA in the blog world for quite a while. Sorry about that. But here is a quick recap of what life has been like lately.

We're still working on getting settled into the new house. I hadn't taken any pictures because I haven't gotten the house to a point where I like to show it off, but I don't think we'll get there for awhile. So here are a few "as-is" pictures from this morning.


What little boy doesn't need 4 beds in his room? We had him sleep in his rock in play (that's where he is in this picture) because of our nomad status for the first chunk of his life, but now he refuses to sleep laying flat in his crib or pack n play. Any advise on how to transition him to his crib? I'm at a loss. I've tried letting him play with toys until he falls asleep, crying himself to sleep, laying him down while he is asleep - but he wakes up instantly and freaks out. I need to figure something out soon because he is quickly outgrowing the rock n play.

This is what I'm greeted with in the mornings. Reason #5753367 why I love him - He sleeps from 9:30pm - 8:00am and then gives me the best "I missed you and am so excited to see you" smiles when I walk in.

In between getting settled in and working on the never ending to-do list we've enjoyed some good down time as a family


Elliot is enjoying his new big boy highchair and learning to eat rice cereal. He is also working on pushing his bottom two teeth out/leaving a trail of drool behind him.  Sigh he's getting way to big already.

So that's our life in a nutshell - enjoying having our own place, enjoying our summer (lake time this weekend - YEAH!!!!!) and most of all enjoying our little/growing too fast Elliot.


6 comments:

  1. so adorable! can't wait to meet him in person in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! Jessica when are you going out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to having you guys around too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been watching your blog ever since someone from the Hexum clan forwarded it to me (I am Ellen Hexum Bergerson - your Dad's cousin). Anyway our little grandson was a preemie and was born 2 months early at 2# 15 oz because Laura, our daughter, got HELLP and they had to save both of their lives. He is doing fine but also will now only sleep in his rock and play. We are sneaking him in the crib and "rescuing" him when he awakes freaking out. One of these days, we hope he wlll make the transition. He is 5 1/2 months (3 1/2 months gestationally and 12 pounds now.) I will be waiting to see if anyone has a miraculous cure for this! Your baby looks so sweet and we are glad he is doing well as he has been in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My email is ebergers616@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete