Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pregnancy Thoughts - Week 38

38 Weeks Oh so close to the end!!!
I have officially gotten to the point where I am ready to be done. It isn't so much because of the discomforts, because that is all manageable, I am just so crazy excited to meet this little karate kicker! We have done almost all of the things that need to get done before baby gets here, even got to enjoy a date night and lazy mornings of breakfast in bed, and now let the madness begin! I am ready. Bryce is ready. Bentley is ready (ok I don't really know this but thats ok) Just waiting on Baby to decide that he/she is ready!!

Pregnancy Thoughts of the week:
  1. This whole pregnancy I have been tempted by Oreos every time I am getting groceries. That is the one thing that I haven't let myself indulge in because lets face it, once you start eating them there is just no going back! So I told myself that when I reach 37 weeks I could buy them and not feel guilty about eating them. For some reason I didn't get them last week, but this week they were on the top of my list! And they were worth the wait!!  I had always allowed myself one craving purchase each week until now, and this week, well there were a lot. That is how I am coping with wanting baby out, eating whatever it is that Baby wants. So far Baby has decided that he needs a chocolate milkshake, oreos, and caramel rolls. And if there are any moms that are concerned out there, I have been eating healthy otherwise with lots of fruits and vegetables, and keeping my weight gain in check! :)
  2. I have gotten to the point where turning over in bed consists of strategic planning, pep talks, soul searching of whether or not I really do need to lay a different way, and feeling like I deserve a medal once it is accomplished. But in reality I don't need a medal, all I ask for is to be able to fall back asleep within 30 minutes until the next round starts.
  3. It doesn't look like I will be having a Christmas Baby (I hesitate to write that because I know that Babe is laughing at me and is going to come just to make a liar out of me) But I am holding out hope that he waits until at least the 27th.
  4. I am so over the endless rounds of pregnancy chit chat when I go out in public. I totally get why a lot of people go into hermit mode around this time. It gets old!
  5. It is funny to see people's reactions when they see me. It used to be looks of "Oh how cute, she's going to have a baby" and now it is "Oh my she's going to have a baby really soon" followed by a look of concern and sympathy.
  6. I was very proud of myself for wearing heels to church this week. I haven't worn them for awhile and I forgot how much I love them. Definitely felt a sense of accomplishment for still fitting into them and not tripping over myself at 38 weeks! It was good to feel good about how I look, I miss that!
  7. I find myself getting pretty jealous of the moms I see around town with their little ones. So I am trying to make sure I take time every day to really enjoy where life is at now and the feeling of baby inside of me. I know these are the last few days of just me and Bryce and I want to soak it all up!
I realize that this isn't the best picture of me or the bump, but it makes me laugh so I thought I would use this one. Bentley is sure to be right next to me at all times, and this is a normal pose for him. Sitting by me with his nose against my belly. He also likes to come and try to share the yoga ball with me when I'm trying to get rid of back pain. Those are good times. Balancing on a ball with a throbbing back and trying not to get tipped over by a 75 pound dog. No one has gotten hurt yet and it usually provides bundles of entertainment!

2 comments:

  1. If you wait til the 28th you will hit Hans and Astri's birthday. On the 29th it is Kristin's brithday! You can follow the Ronnevik family sharing birthday tradition.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be great with either of those, as long as baby doesn't hold out for Karl's birthday!

    ReplyDelete